Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ladies Day Out- 5

Day 5 : Thekkady
 
Early morning by 5.30 we were up and ready to rush to our next holiday destination! 


I had forgotten what messy things happened yesterday and was determined to enjoy this day. Because you never know if you'll get a second chance of anything. So enjoy the present to the fullest. Specially the place was something I like to visit! Wildlife, bird and nature I love!

We were supposed to take a boat ride and it had it's timing. 6.30am I guess. We were running late. Got a quick auto, did tickets and all and rushed to the spot. Literally ran to catch up the boat. Once seated I had sighed ... 

The place was so so beautiful. I did not regret reaching here. Water everywhere and jungles on the side. The guide showed us many mammals and birds. My excitement knew no bound. Around two hours we enjoyed the ride and were back in land. I shopped there some tees and a cap from me and friends! I can't help taking gifts back home. I again paid a good guide there and we walked to spot more birds of Kerala there. He spotted and showed me a great lot many! Woah, thankful to him. Always.

My friend wasn't overall interested in all these but she had no choice so she was struck to phone while I enjoyed my walk. Finally we paid him and were back to our hotel. We had a hefty local lunch and took a bus to the city Cochin!!!!! 

The National Park
We were running here!
Finally ..
Three boats were on water.. these two behind us.

Beauty !!!

Sambar deer - females



Sambar deer- male with antlers
Paradise for me
Probably 'Ashy Woodswallow'
That's an  'osprey' bird
Nilgiri langur and Malabar giant squirrel
From L-R: Brown Fish Owl, White-Bellied Treepie, Indian Grey Hornbill, Malabar Parakeet-female
The roads inside the reserve!
Common Bluebottle and ID unknown
Me, her, we, me with the guide clicking and me again :-)
Ahhh the food then! Delicious. The room.


After lots of adventures, were were happy to reach a city. We had to shop too!


To be continued...


Love
Tanuja

3 comments:

  1. so many wonderful pics :)

    x Maria
    New outfit up on my blog
    featuring a wonderful trapeze bag
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow again. Love the clicks. And I want to eat that food!

    Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting for the next :), again beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

I keep looking for your comments :)